How to go about registering a new variety:
- Option A: I want to register a name for my variety so that someone else cannot use the name.
Then follow this process to register at the International Protea Register:
Fill in the following forms:
- The application for registration.
- The Short Description. (Leucadendron) (Leucospermum) (Protea) (Serruria)
- The Technical Questionnaire. (Leucadendron) (Leucospermum) (Protea)
Should you need any assistance, please contact the following persons:
Joseph Boshomane (JosephB@dalrrd.gov.za)
Johanna Mokobodi (JohannaMab@dalrrd.gov.za)
- Option B: I want to register Plant Breeders’ Rights so that I can control who propagates my variety and so that I can collect a royalty.
Then please contact the person below for assistance:
Elna de Bruyn (ElnaDB@dalrrd.gov.za)
To read more about the ins and outs of Plant Breeders Rights, please click here.